Procedure for Modification of Child Custody and Support After Default

The Second District Court of Appeal recently held that a mother seeking a modification of child custody and child support, after she defaulted and did not file a response to the divorce action and judgment was entered against her, had standing to seek the modification. This is in contrast to prior cases which ruled the default precluded standing to the defaulted party. Under Olson, a party who has defaulted may file a request for order to modify child custody and/or child support. See In re Marriage of Olson, 238 Cal. App. 4th 1458 (2015).

Call Morales Law, P.C. today for a free consultation into your family law case (805) 422-7966

Related Posts
  • Social Media & Divorce Read More
  • Things That Can Prolong Your Divorce Read More
  • Steps before Marital Settlement Agreement Read More