Phone: (805) 845-5405 E:


2080. In a proceeding for dissolution of marriage or for nullity of
marriage, but not in a proceeding for legal separation of the
parties, the court, upon the request of a party, shall restore the
birth name or former name of that party, regardless of whether or not
a request for restoration of the name was included in the petition.

2081. The restoration of a former name or birth name requested
under Section 2080 shall not be denied (a) on the basis that the
party has custody of a minor child who bears a different name or (b)
for any other reason other than fraud.

2082. Nothing in this code shall be construed to abrogate the
common law right of any person to change one’s name.