FAMILY CODE SECTION 770-772
770. (a) Separate property of a married person includes all of the
(1) All property owned by the person before marriage.
(2) All property acquired by the person after marriage by gift,
bequest, devise, or descent.
(3) The rents, issues, and profits of the property described in
(b) A married person may, without the consent of the person’s
spouse, convey the person’s separate property.
771. (a) The earnings and accumulations of a spouse and the minor
children living with, or in the custody of, the spouse, while living
separate and apart from the other spouse, are the separate property
of the spouse.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), the earnings and
accumulations of an unemancipated minor child related to a contract
of a type described in Section 6750 shall remain the sole legal
property of the minor child.
772. After entry of a judgment of legal separation of the parties,
the earnings or accumulations of each party are the separate property
of the party acquiring the earnings or accumulations.