Phone: (805) 845-5405 E:


7050. An emancipated minor shall be considered as being an adult
for the following purposes:
(a) The minor’s right to support by the minor’s parents.
(b) The right of the minor’s parents to the minor’s earnings and
to control the minor.
(c) The application of Sections 300 and 601 of the Welfare and
Institutions Code.
(d) Ending all vicarious or imputed liability of the minor’s
parents or guardian for the minor’s torts. Nothing in this section
affects any liability of a parent, guardian, spouse, or employer
imposed by the Vehicle Code, or any vicarious liability that arises
from an agency relationship.
(e) The minor’s capacity to do any of the following:
(1) Consent to medical, dental, or psychiatric care, without
parental consent, knowledge, or liability.
(2) Enter into a binding contract or give a delegation of power.
(3) Buy, sell, lease, encumber, exchange, or transfer an interest
in real or personal property, including, but not limited to, shares
of stock in a domestic or foreign corporation or a membership in a
nonprofit corporation.
(4) Sue or be sued in the minor’s own name.
(5) Compromise, settle, arbitrate, or otherwise adjust a claim,
action, or proceeding by or against the minor.
(6) Make or revoke a will.
(7) Make a gift, outright or in trust.
(8) Convey or release contingent or expectant interests in
property, including marital property rights and any right of
survivorship incident to joint tenancy, and consent to a transfer,
encumbrance, or gift of marital property.
(9) Exercise or release the minor’s powers as donee of a power of
appointment unless the creating instrument otherwise provides.
(10) Create for the minor’s own benefit or for the benefit of
others a revocable or irrevocable trust.
(11) Revoke a revocable trust.
(12) Elect to take under or against a will.
(13) Renounce or disclaim any interest acquired by testate or
intestate succession or by inter vivos transfer, including exercise
of the right to surrender the right to revoke a revocable trust.
(14) Make an election referred to in Section 13502 of, or an
election and agreement referred to in Section 13503 of, the Probate
(15) Establish the minor’s own residence.
(16) Apply for a work permit pursuant to Section 49110 of the
Education Code without the request of the minor’s parents.
(17) Enroll in a school or college.

7051. An insurance contract entered into by an emancipated minor
has the same effect as if it were entered into by an adult and, with
respect to that contract, the minor has the same rights, duties, and
liabilities as an adult.

7052. With respect to shares of stock in a domestic or foreign
corporation held by an emancipated minor, a membership in a nonprofit
corporation held by an emancipated minor, or other property held by
an emancipated minor, the minor may do all of the following:
(a) Vote in person, and give proxies to exercise any voting
rights, with respect to the shares, membership, or property.
(b) Waive notice of any meeting or give consent to the holding of
any meeting.
(c) Authorize, ratify, approve, or confirm any action that could
be taken by shareholders, members, or property owners.